Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Resolving Muscular Pain with Trigger Point Therapy

As someone who's struggled with chronic pain from injuries sustained in a car accident as well as from overuse of my hands, I wanted to share what has helped me.  It's called Trigger Point Therapy which is detailed in The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook by Clair Davies.

I happened upon this book after struggling for months with what appeared to be tennis elbow.  I wore a brace for some time with no relief and two months of physical therapy left me no better off.  By this point my work was suffering as was my ability to perform simple tasks; all of my active pursuits were lost as well.  In desperation I took to the internet for any other remedies that might help and it was then that I discovered The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook.  I ordered the book and within minutes of trying it I was feeling relief from the pain - it was miraculous. I had to be diligent in completing the exercises several times a day but within two weeks my tennis elbow was totally resolved.

Trigger point therapy operates on the premise that trigger points are formed in the muscle as a result of overuse, trauma, inflammation as well as activation of other trigger points.  The Therapy Workbook is well laid out with detailed information.  The reader is educated on the various muscles and their functions as well as how to locate them and the corresponding trigger points.  It's easy to apply pressure on the trigger points, using either a supported thumb or a tennis ball against a wall.  There are also trigger point tools available like the Theracane that can provide additional assistance, saving your hands from additional strain.

I've since used Trigger Point Therapy for other issues that crop up - neck pain, trigger finger, lower back pain - and it always brings relief.  So before you resort to steroid shots or surgery for chronic pain issues, you might consider the Trigger Point Therapy Workbook.  It has worked for others like me; hopefully it will help you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment